Chapel of Our Lady of the Rosary (old Hermitage of Madre de Deus)
Daman [Damão/Damaun], Guzerate, India
The Church or Chapel of Our Lady of the Rosary was initially dedicated to the Mother of God, affiliated to the parish church, and changed dedication when the confraternity of the Rosary was transferred there from the Dominicans in 1825. The church’s chancel is lined with carving work, while two side altars are among the most original and interesting in Daman. The chancel abuts the wall and therefore is naturally endowed with an interesting and very rare overlook above the sanctuary. The main façade faces the square of the parish church and town hall and is axial to a street; it is preceded by a very late galilee.