Monastery and Church of Saint Francis
The Monastery and Church of Saint Francis are situated in the valley to the north and were accessed via a large staircase. The church is built according to a longitudinal plan consisting of a nave and separate chancel, thus indicating the volumes’ articulation. It is a monastic church with a single nave and chancel. The single surface comprising the main façade with its triangular pediment was once opened by a now inexistent portal topped by a large window with an iron grille. The single-surface side walls are marked by windows on the body of the nave and chancel and are edged by quoins. Construction began in 1657. In the 1960s it was in ruins, as were the 17th-18th century houses on the slope of Our Lady of the Rosary. The building was recently restored and is in a fine state of preservation.