Government Palace

Government Palace

Mindelo [Porto Grande], São Vicente Island, Cape Verde

Equipment and Infrastructures

Now called the Palácio do Povo, this originally single-storey edifice formerly served as the Government Palace or Military Headquarters and was built in 1874, initially with the typical 19th century features of Portuguese public buildings (serial round arch bays, fascia). It is now marked by a curious concrete portico with classical concrete pillars, probably built when the second floor was added in 1928-1934.

Loading…