Archaeological Remains of the Parish Church and Fortifications

Archaeological Remains of the Parish Church and Fortifications

Colónia do Sacramento, The South, Uruguay

Military Architecture

The Parish Church has been rebuilt on five occasions and so there is little evidence of the original Portuguese building. However, work has been carried out on the fortifications, including the rebuilding of the city’s stone gate, built in 1745. In addition, remains of Portuguese walls can be found in the Carmo cultural complex.
Loading…