Urban/Architectural Ensemble on República Square (Now Pidjiguiti/dos Paços do Concelho)
Mindelo [Porto Grande], São Vicente Island, Cape Verde
Equipment and Infrastructures
This foundational group of city buildings includes the Town Hall headquarters (1862-1873), with its classical pediment and clock tower, and the Church of Our Lady of Light (1853-1863). The site is also marked by the Drogaria Central/Botequim Mindelo, a pharmacy with a large overhanging enclosed balcony and typical period interior dating to 1926.