Weddings Palace (former Automobile Touring Club of Mozambique (ATCM))
Beira, Sofala, Mozambique
Equipment and Infrastructures
The building looks over the Artur Brandão Square, on the opposite side to the Grande Hotel of Beira. It was built as the headquarters of the Beira Clube, after the sale of the original headquarters in República Avenue (present day Samora Machel Avenue), opposite the Cathedral. It consists of an elegant curvilinear body, marked by horizontal lines, resting on piloti, evoking the architecture of Niemeyer in Brazil. A stairwell, separated from the main body and glazed, features a decorative panel with abstract motives. It was a Paulo de Melo Sampaio (1926-1968) project, approved in 1957.