Catholic University of Mozambique (former Gonçalo da Silveira High School Institute)
Beira, Sofala, Mozambique
Equipment and Infrastructures
The building is located in the area of Palmeiras on a plot of land 290 x 233.5 metres with an entrance fronting Gonçalo da Silveira Street. The facilities were planned for 120 boarders and 150/200 day students, and included the rectory, facilities for teachers and students, classrooms, medical services, playing fields, services for the African servants. Project conceived by architect Francisco de Castro (b. 1923). The facilities started to function on the 10th September 1959.