The Mozambique Company Employees Club or the Beira Clube (with Sports Pavilion)
Beira, Sofala, Mozambique
Equipment and Infrastructures
This was established in 1903 under the name Grémio dos Empregados da Companhia de Moçambique (the Company of Mozambique Employees Association) later named Clube da Beira. In 1925, it was definitely transferred to its own purpose-built facilities. The Sports Pavilion which stands next to the building was inaugurated on the 19th February 1952. During the last years of colonial presence, the Portuguese Youth branch (Mocidade Portuguesa) was established there. Presently it belongs to the Direção Provincial dos Desportos (Provincial Sports Authority).