Royal Trading Post

Royal Trading Post

Muxima, Kwanza Sul, Angola

Equipment and Infrastructures

It was a wide, square-shape building in stone with a tiled roof, fronting a courtyard which served as barracks and prison; opposite stood the captain’s residence, built out of wattle and daub and thatched in 1843-1844. In 1956 the whole town was acknowledged as a site of Public Interest. It preserves some modest old single-storey constructions for housing and trade. In the 1960s there were still the ruins of the former river port with its steps to the river.

Loading…