Church of our Lady of the Rosary
Manica (Nova Mancequece, Gouveia), Manica, Mozambique
This is a building on a hill overlooking the town on traditional lines, with two towers capped by pyramidal spires and a central body with a triangular pediment. The Church of Our Lady of the Rosary was built between 1902 and 1904 by the Department of Public Works of the Company of Mozambique, after the creation of the parish of Macequece in 1900. Until 1924 it was occasionally visited by the Franciscan friars from Beira, and was then provided with a priest.