National Centre for Scientific Research (former Institute of Scientific Research of Angola)
Equipment and Infrastructures
The National Centre for Scientific Research is located in Avenue Ho-Chi-Min, near the airport and was designed in 1969 by the architect António Campino (1917-1997), a worthy representative of the Modern Movement in Luanda. A geometrically pure cubist volume par excellence, it has a central projection on the main façade, at second floor level which interrupts the continuity of the building, making it seem like three connected blocks. The plan too is characteristic of the Modern Movement, very rational and functional, organized from a large entrance hall which divides the space symmetrically and continues along a central corridor in which the working offices are located to right and left.