Church of Our Lady of the Rosary
Kambambe [Cambambe], Kwanza, Angola
The church devoted to Our Lady of the Rosary, built in 1607 (rebuilt in 1691 along with the adjoining fortress), is the place’s most important building. The baroque chancel with reliefs and paintings as well as the side altars of Saint Michael and of Saint Anthony are still recognizable. The brotherhoods of the saints were served by the population of the fortification with the “expenditure of their possessions”. It is located inside the fortress.