Mission of Santa Cruz do Canhé (Cahná/Kanye)
Huambo [Nova Lisboa], Huambo, Angola
This was built in 1942 to serve the growing “indigenous” population. It is a work characteristic of the neo-Romanic revival in architecture, evoking the medieval churches in Portugal. It displays a raised central nave with an oculus in the pediment over the main door and a saddleback roof; the two symmetrical side naves with similar pediments have a low single-slope roof.