Cathedral, Church of Our Lady of Immaculate Conception
Huambo [Nova Lisboa], Huambo, Angola
There were no constructions by the Catholic Church in the city until 1939. Baptisms and weddings were performed in the Cuando Mission until 1932 when a parish church was improvised in the city. The permanent church, on a plot of land granted by the State (at the former 5 de Outubro Avenue), opened for worship at Christmas of 1939 and became, after 1941, the Cathedral of the diocese of Huambo.