Encoje, São José de, Uíge, Angola
Built in stone and lime, with a square plan and a bastion at each corner, it had nine artillery pieces and a garrison composed of between 100 and 150 soldiers. Within the fort there were the barracks, a dungeon, a guardhouse and the gunpowder magazine which in 1906 was in an advanced state of ruin. In 1956, some artillery pieces were transferred to the Congo Museum at Uíje. It was acknowledged as a monument on the 30th of May 1925.