Cemetery of Calundu

Cemetery of Calundu

Benguela, Benguela, Angola

Equipment and Infrastructures

The cemetery has been referred to since the early 18th century. In 1852 it was enlarged and a chapel was built. The inscription 1888 on the main iron gate corresponds to the year of restoration. The simple but harmonious chapel has two pilasters and a moulding in relief which surmounts the central section of a broken pediment, also with mouldings. The ogival doorway is topped by a small oculus.

Loading…