National High School of the Province of Cape Verde
Praia [Praia de Santa Maria], Santiago Island, Cape Verde
Equipment and Infrastructures
This secondary school building (former Adriano Moreira High School) was established in 1860. The façade is marked by a classical body along the neo-traditional lines common for such typologies. The monument to Prince Henry the Navigator was located on the adjacent square after the respective commemorations in 1960. The Cape Verde Museum and Praia Public Library, successor of the former Reading Office, were founded at a later date.