Church of Our Lady of Health
Island of Mozambique, Nampula, Mozambique
The Church is situated fronting the side elevation of the “New” Hospital. Established in 1633, it belonged to the Capuchin friars. It was renovated in 1801 and underwent works in 1879. With its long exterior staircase, its façade was modernized in 19th century classical style. The frontage is divided in three by a system of pilasters and has a portal surmounted by a broken pediment which links to a window above. Four other bays complete the façade which is topped by a cornice and a triangular pediment.
José Manuel Fernandes