Bolama, with the Archipelago of the Bijagós, Guinea-Bissau | Gulf of Guinea | São Tomé and Príncipe, Guinea-Bissau
Equipment and Infrastructures
An imposing work, the Town Hall building, along classical lines, features a long central triangular pediment resting on ten Tuscan columns, closing a series of bays of an elongated, vertical proportion. Its construction was commissioned by captain Daniel Guimarães in 1919. With 43 metres long, the building has a staircase that leads to the main body, with a pediment and a long sheltered balcony-like structure on the opposite side.
José Manuel Fernandes